Project set up
The project can be divided into 4 parts:
- A scientific research into the safety consequences of small shortsea ships < 3.000 GT and < 3000 kW at different manning levels
- Legal investigation of the relevant parts of the (inter)national maritime regulatory framework to see how the concept of shore support could best be imbedded
- Technical research into shore support systems on ships and other transport modes
- Knowledge transfer to the shipping community
Find out which innovative companies support this project, including a list of participating ships.
An Expert Committee is formed to asses the projects progress and give advice to the project partners. The Experts Committee meets periodically and is formed by a selective representation of the maritime industry.
The objectives of the project are to:
- Create job opportunities
- Reduce onboard workloads
- Increase the safety level of shortsea ships
- Improve the competitive position of the shortsea sector
- Increase awareness for shore support principles
- Assess the social and legal possibilities of flexible manning requirements
- Strengthen cooperation between shipping companies and marine suppliers